"Above us loomed the overpopulated China"

Who kills the Russian Derevnya centuries, Russia was an agrarian country, but in the late twentieth century classical Russian village began to die. Internal migration flows went to large cities, rural land was empty

"Above us loomed the overpopulated China"

Who kills the Russian village

For centuries, Russia was an agrarian country, but in the late twentieth century classical Russian village began to die. Internal migration flows went to large cities, rural land was empty. But this pattern is not observed everywhere: somewhere in the village began to live a new life, with a prosperous agriculture, the government invited citizens to develop the Far East and actively promote the new project «the far Eastern hectare». Doctor of geographical Sciences, chief researcher of the Institute of geography of RAS Tatiana Nefedova said «the Tape.ru» as transformed rural Russia in the late XX — early XXI century, and that it is now.

Is it possible to say that Russia remained a rural, agricultural country?

Beach: Over the past 100 years many in our country have changed, some people still live in wooden houses, engaged in agriculture and are a private farm. Somewhere- most often in remote regions, this rural Russia left. Therefore, there is no single answer: Russia is different.

How to determine if some town in rural Russia?

Uniform criteria for identifying rural areas no. Sometimes small towns are more like large villages — they no gas, no Central water, no sewer, and large rural settlements may not look like the countryside, especially in 1990-e years, many localities have changed the status of the towns on the bonus material — the number of townships decreased by almost two times.

In the end, the easiest way to follow the principle «what is not officially a city — village». We believe that there are urban population in cities and towns, and the rest of the rural population. And let's proceed from this otherwise we're just going to get confused. However, new urban district with rural population, so the confusion still remains.

What part of Russia is urban and what rural?

In the early twentieth century lived in towns 13 percent of the population; then there was a huge jump in the number of residents, and the proportion of rural residents has fallen sharply. Now living in cities, 74 percent, and the remaining 26 percent in rural areas. But when you consider that we have some citizens living in those wooden houses with a toilet on the street, it turns out that the country's urban population living in urban areas, only 60 per cent. But in the suburbs part of the rural population lives in tenement houses and working in the city — still a lot of confusion.

lenta.ru/articles/2017/11/27/selo/


1 comment

20.12.2017 22:22
And where is China?